Get Sexy at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: What to Buy
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has arrived and is officially open to the public. Being a bit of a sucker for a good deal, I tackled the crowds last weekend in search of the best finds.
One thing that might surprise you? I’m not the best shopper. Sales overwhelm me and I get distracted, overwhelmed, and basically want to buy everything in sight.
BUT I do love a good deal, especially on basics that you can use year round: socks, underwear, sunglasses.. things that don’t typically go on sale. Given the rare opportunity, I used this year’s sale to stock up on new Hanky Pankys thongs.
To be a good sale shopper, there are a few truths to remember. First: Just because something is a good deal, doesn’t mean it’s a good find. How many times have you bought something in every color because it was on sale, then never wore it? That’s what I thought. So, before I set foot in the store, I envision what I need.
Last weekend, I focused on bras and underwear. Something else that might shock you: undergarments are one of those things I never focus enough on.
Lately, I’ve found myself wasting too much time rummaging around in my drawer looking for a cute lingerie set or something sassy to sleep in for my man. Keeping it fresh and interesting for my babe is important to me, and if it’s something you’ve been thinking of, now is the time to up your undie game.
I’ve stepped it up in the lounging around the house wares department, too. Like most of us who are super busy, I’m totally guilty of wearing my comfy old sweats and shirt with no bra for far too long.
While I found some great deals on new skivvies, I also wanted to share a few of my favorite must-haves for looking cute at home — and underneath your clothes.
Fun fact about my fam: One of my mom’s pearls of wisdom is to never leave the house sans underwear, because you never know if you’re going to get in a car accident! A crazy motivator, perhaps, but it works for me. Seldom is the day I don’t try to match my undergarments. And it’s not just for the cute firefighter who might need to save me, it also happens to make me feel confident all day long.
Enough about my undies, let’s go shopping!
Here are my favorite SALE finds:
- I’m a big fan of the brand Honeydew, which has really cute patterns and shapes. Their best sale find is The ‘Camellia’ Lace Bralette I bought it in tickled pink, dreamy cream and black.
- New Hanky Panky thongs are a no brainer and I stocked up on new colors and doubles of the ones that were looking a little less than brand new. Pro Tip: don’t get lazy with your little things and just toss em in with the rest of your laundry. Keep them in a mesh bag when you wash them to keep lace from getting snagged, then hang them to dry to prevent stress on the stretch and pilling.
- I found my new favorite everyday bra by Natori: the ‘Feathers’ Underwire Contour Bra in black. You can never have enough basic black bras
- Since my go-to casual look is a black bra under a white tee (don’t knock it till you try it), I scooped up this great white Top Shop tee.
And casual gals take note: I wear the Honeydew Black Bralette almost everyday, so I treated myself to a new one.
Just as I sometimes hit up a restaurant for happy hour only to end up ordering off the regular menu, these are my favorite splurge-worthy lingerie and chill finds.
- My all time favorite robe is Natori Shangri-La’ Robe in heather grey. It’s soft, cute, and just alluring enough that you can wear it in the bedroom.
- My man loves this flirty number is by Honeydew. A Lace Teddy is never not a great call.
- My favorite everyday underwear for those of you who asked is the Calvin Klein Sleek G-String thong. It hides under anything.
- Ahna Knit Chemise Nighty is so comfy to sleep in but still sexy. I like to wear a black bra underneath, when I’m prancing around the house.
- Coffee Mug is Jonathan Adler Mr. & Mrs Muse Reversible Mug
And because shopping in real life for undergarments isn’t always my favorite, I often buy these goodies online. With Nordstrom’s flawless return policy, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to keep only what makes you look and feel your sexiest.