My Skin Tips
Having struggled with breakouts my whole life, I have tried every product known to man. It has taken me many years to have clear skin, that I feel good about.. knock on wood! I finally feel confident waking up next to my special someone fresh faced (got the fresh morning tricks for you too) So I wanted to share a few tips I’ve learned along the way, because I want everyone to feel good.
SO HERE IS WHAT I’VE LEARNED
- Diet DOES affect your skin. Many years ago, I got into a quesadilla phase and Darienne my lifelong friend said “All that grease is showing up on your face.” I started avoiding dairy and greasy foods, I saw the biggest difference in my skin. I stopped drinking soda and incorporated green juices. Water, drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces everyday or try as hard as you can.
- Sleep and clean pillow cases. Get that beauty rest guys! Make sure to wash your pillow cases often, I avoid fabric softener. If you hold the phone up to your ear, make sure you clean your phone.
- Exfoliate. We all get dead skin build up. Luckily I have Darienne Arnold, she is not only my dear friend, she’s also one of the best skin care experts in Los Angeles. I see her every other month for microdermabrasion, boy does the skin just fly off! Alternative after a shower, layer a thick coat of lotion on, let sit for 5-10 min, then remove with a clean hot wet towel. You will see instant results. My third trick is, I shave my face with a new disposable razor once a week, it removes all the peach fuzz, makeup sits better and takes away any dead skin. It is the best at home version of dermaplaning.
- Simple products, no perfumes. Wholefoods sells all my favorite products and they’re affordable woo hoo!
– Shikai Borage Therapy face lotion and wash
– Thayers rose petal witch hazel toner. Pour on cotton pad, before you apply face lotion
– Cellfood Mask- sleep with it on every other night, rinse off in the morning with cold water
Any kind of mud mask, once a month.
- Keep your hands off your face ! If you’re sitting at a desk all day, try not to lean on your face or chin.
- Try applying your makeup with a wet makeup sponge. The trick is to use a new one every time. You want to avoid dirty makeup brushes or old sponges where bacteria lives. My favorite liquid foundation is L’Oreal Tru Match, it’s oil free and has spf.
- Sunblock and hats.
- Never sleep in your makeup. On the nights I’m too tired to wash my face, I use Neutrogena makeup wipes. They’re great if you’ve warn dark eye makeup.
- If you can’t resist the urge to squeeze a pimple, try to wait until it’s really ready. Use a tissue, so your fingers don’t touch your face. And good luck, it usually goes one of two ways. My favorite product for spot treatment is PCA Skin Acne Gel
- If you have any questions about pro-active, email me.
I hope this has been helpful XOXO